March 14, 2010

Fact #9: I've been super busy...

…and I haven’t had my computer for about a week. I’ve felt lost, but no fear. We’ve reunited.

So, last Thursday night Devon and I went to Omaha to see John Mayer and Michael Franti & Spearhead in concert. It was an outstanding concert. I only knew one of Michael Franti’s songs, but Devon knew a lot of his music. He was so down to earth, running around the audience and bringing people up on stage to “play guitar”…it gave it a more intimate feeling. I loved that about him. John Mayer was also amazing. I could’ve listened to him all night if I had the chance. Plus I got to spend an evening with my wonderful boyfriend.

Then Saturday came and began what turned out to be a long, yet fun week with some talented singers and some of my best friends at the U. The Chamber Singers toured to Chicago making stops in Sioux City, Council Bluffs, Des Moines and Minneapolis throughout the week. I met some of the nicest people, played with some of the cutest dogs, made new friends and memories, and performed my most memorable performance inthe most beautiful venue I’ve ever seen.

While tour is an exhausting time with periodic times of drama (mostly with those diva-like sopranos), it really is a blast. I get to do what I love to do (travel and sing) with people some of my greatest friends. The only thing I would’ve changed is that I would’ve enjoyed Devon's company. He was in choir last semester, but he transferred, therefore leaving me and the choir behind.

Guess this means that we’ll have to make up for it some other time. Roadtrip, Devon?

No comments:

Post a Comment