April 6, 2010

Fact #11: I love Blackberrys...

...but is there something better out there that I might like better?

Last year I convinced my family to switch our plan to Verizon because when I was college-ing it up in Sioux City, I had poor reception through Sprint (and not to mention, a super crappy phone). Upon the switch to Verizon I was granted the opportunity (or more so begged for the chance) to own my very own Blackberry. It was a love at first sight. And at the time, not many people had them. You were "cool" if you had a Blackberry. And, therefore, I was finally cool for once in my life!

Now a year later, everyone and their dog has a Blackberry. Don't get ms wrong, I still love it. I mean, I'm not the type of person to generally follow the flow of everyone else. I like to just do my own thing and do what I think is best for me. Anyway. I just found out that I am eligible for an upgrade on my phone. So most of today I've been looking on the Verizon site and reading and watching reviews on the different types of phones. Should I just keep my Blackberry? Or maybe upgrade to something I'm unfamiliar with that I might like better? Or maybe end up hating?

When I first started my search, the obvious phone to look at was the Droid. Of course, it's probably the best phone that Verizon provides. And it's new. And I know a few people that own them (including my boyfriend, Devon, who has owned both the Motorola Android and the Droid Eris)...and he enjoyed both. They are super nice and I would enjoy either of them, but they are quite pricey.

However, I stumbled upon the HTC Touch Pro2. It's similar to the Droid Eris. It has the touch screen (meh. I guess I could get used to it) and a slide out keypad (cha-ching!!). I discused this with Devon and he mentioned that it is a Windows OS. He said he's no fan, but I have never used it. I guess I'm not tech-saavy enough to understand the differences between all of them.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But to part with my Blackberry may be a sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment