February 17, 2010

Fact #3: I am a hopeless romantic.

It’s true. I love the idea of love. I love reading novels about love. I love watching movies about love. I love hearing stories about love. I love Valentine’s Day. I simply love Love!

My parents divorced when I was in 5th grade. Ever since then my mom and I have talked about love, relationships and marriage. I think it then started when I was growing up and observing my mom reconnect with her college sweetheart. A grown woman acting giddy every time the phone rang. Sending and receiving love notes in the mail. Baking and sending goodies. And eventually marrying him. Now after almost eight years of marriage, they still acting like newlyweds.

I have found love. And no not the kind of love you have when you find someone has chapstick that you have needed for an hour. Or when you’ve gone from place to place looking for a certain item and you find it at the fifth and last place. For the first time in my life, I am in love.

The reason I know this is because I’ve never felt this way before.
It’s indescribable.
And it’s amazing.

I haven’t been able to find a guy quite like Devon. And I’m so lucky I have found him. Most guys out there are jerks and not pleasant to be around. I’m certainly glad that I have met Devon. He has stolen my heart and here's how.

Be honest and open with me. I’m a very open person and I hate secrets. And I will share just about anything with you and I’m comfortable with that. Tell me what you really think. I’ll listen.
Trust. Self explanatory. Goes hand in hand with the above.
Laugh with me. I love to laugh!! Devon has a wonderful sense of humor. A dry, witty one at that. He never fails at making me laugh. And I love that about him.
Music. Music has been and always will be a big part of my life. I love to sing. And so does Devon. He has a great voice and ability to play guitar (and ukulele).I love being able to share this love with someone that loves it just as much as I do. I have always dreamed of being serenaded to spontaneously. You know, like the movies?! How romantic. Even more romantic would be a song written just for me.
Put up with me. Sure I’m a little weird. A little silly. A little unorganized. Maybe I don’t wear makeup or do my hair some days. But he still looks past that and still puts up with me and loves me for me.
It’s the little things that count. It’s the random text messages saying “I love you” or the flowers on our monthly anniversary. It’s the randomly doing the dishes. These are the things that make my heart melt. I adore them.
Hold my hand. This is my favorite part of every car ride I go on with Devon. Whether it’s just a drive across town. Or a journey up to Sioux Falls.
I’m sure his love for the color green, love for puppies, or the fact that he rides a motorcycle had a little to do with it as well. ;)
Like I said before. I’m a simple girl and it doesn’t take much to win my heart…I’ve just never found someone that was able to before…until now. <3
I love you, Devon!
*pfft*






-Puggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment