February 17, 2010

Fact #2: I am falling out of love with Facebook.

Sure. Facebook is a nice way to keep in touch with old classmates, family, and friends, but it's not the same Facebook I fell in love with when I first discovered it. I loved the simplicity that the original Facebook entailed. All you could do is post pictures, write on the walls of your friends and finish the sentence "Katie is ____________"

Facebook started making small changes like taking the "is" out of the status bar. Then they changed completely. I got used to it.

Then came the applications. Bumper Stickers. Farmville. Mafia Wars. And invitation after invitation for joining pointless groups (the new craze). Ever since the addition of the "chat" at the bottom, forget about Facebook working normal for you. It's become a hassle. Facebook doesn't work for me over half the time. The primary reason I keep my Facebook is because it acts as a photo album and to keep in touch with some friends out of town. Of course, I check it every day...because old habits die hard.

I'm a simple girl that needs a simple social networking site.
Sorry Facebook.
It's over.
I've met someone new.
Hello, Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment