October 3, 2011

Hap-py DDays!

Today beings the week of DDays (Dakota Days for those of you who don't know). It's USD's homecoming week! An excuse to get drunk and go to class hungover and all that jazz.

Ok. So that's not exactly how I celebrate DDays..but I do enjoy the events during the week. Thursday, for example, is the Al Neuharth Awards. As a CMJ major, this is a big deal for the department, as well as all of campus!

Tonight the event was Doug Benson and Graham Elwood, two well-known comedians!

Whenever there's a well known person on campus performing, I'll make an effort to try to see them! Last year I saw Bo Burnham...(that was a disappointment that I'd rather not talk about).

Tonight's show wasn't too bad. It's not exactly my taste of comedy, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. They said they'd be doing a meet-and-greet after the show. When the show was over, John and I decided to see if the line was long. When we got there, there wans't a line at all. We walked right up to Graham Elwood and asked to get a photo taken with him! He was very nice and did. We turned around and Doug Benson was there. We snatched an autograph and a photo with him too! Overall, it turned out to be a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment