October 18, 2011

Life's short.

This past weekend, I heard devastating news about the passing of an acquaintance of mine. I met Jeremy at Morningside College. We had the same friends. He went to school with my cousin. We played sand volleyball and were at cabin weekend together. When I transferred to USD, I was surprised to run into him and see him sitting at the table next to me! I loved seeing his face in the MUC, getting coffee, doing homework...we always had some sort of connection! I loved it!

After hearing the news, it really opened my eyes to how short life really is. I had never had a friend I knew die before.

I thought a lot about old friends.

Tonight I had not one, but two phone calls from old friends. How random, unexpected, and comforting.

My friend Jeffrey called. We talked about Jeremy and the wake and the funeral and old friends. He told me that he hadn't talked to Jeremy in a long time and regretted not telling him he loved him and how much he meant to him. Jeffrey wanted to let me know he was thinking of me and how much he cared for me. It really made me feel good.

With the transfer two years ago, I have been horrible at staying in touch with old friends. True friends. Friends that only live 30 miles away. I'm hoping to reconnect with them in the next week or two.

Later on in the night, I got another call from my friend Phil. I met him at USD and I would consider him one of my best friends at USD. He transferred to a college in Minnesota. He just called to say hi and catch up! It was so nice to hear from him. I can relate to what he is going through. I'm happy for him! I only want the best for him!!

My best friend, Devon just called me. I am going to spend the rest of my night talking to him.

Rest in Peace, Jeremy.

Love, Peace, & Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment