October 4, 2011

Something missing...

This school year just doesn't seem right to me for some reason. Maybe it's the fact that I'm living in a new apartment. Or maybe it's the fact that I have a roommate...haven't had one of those in a couple of years. But most likely it's the fact that it's the first time in my life I've not had music as a major part of my life....and I'm not sure I like it. While watching Glee tonight, I realized I really miss singing.

At the beginning of the school year I had made the decision to take a break from music ensembles altogether. I wanted time to focus on my studies and not stress about time commitments. 

Singing in the car is not enough for me. Mostly because half of the time I'm in the car I'm either with my brother or my boyfriend and they make these weird faces like they don't like my singing...I think it's mostly because I'm self conscious about my singing and I end up singing obnoxiously. 

Anyway. I'm just going to finish the semester out and next year join one of the ensembles. Once I graduate, I'll have to find some sort of community choir to join. Music is a huge part of my life and I hope it always will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment